Self Esteem Tips
Improve Self Esteem Now!
Need help with low self esteem? Our self esteem tips will help you build self esteem and boost self confidence. Our tips are powerful messages to your subconscious that say, I do activities to honor and love myself
- Eat Healthy Foods and avoid junk foods (foods containing high quantities of sugar, salt, or fat impact your feelings. You often feel bad about yourself or your energy is depressed. Read about food and depression.
- Exercise Moving your body helps you to feel better. When you are feeling better your naturally boost your self esteem. Schedule a time every day, or as often as possible, for exercise, preferably outdoors. You can do many different things. Taking a walk, jog, ride a bicycle, play a sport, climb up and down stairs several times, put on a tape, or play the radio and dance to the music. Do anything that feels good to you and gets you moving.
- Personal Hygiene Pampering yourself by taking a regular shower or bath, washing and styling your hair, trimming your nails, brushing and flossing your teeth, getting a hot shave or a massage are potent activities in caring and loving yourself.
- Do Things You Enjoy You may be so busy, or feel so badly about yourself, that you spend little or no time doing things you enjoy. Make a list of things you enjoy doing. Then do something from your list every day. See our Pleasure List activity worksheet.
- Complete Something You Have Been Putting Off Clean out that drawer. Wash those windows. Write that letter. Pay that bill. Completing a task and acknowledging your accomplishment, no matter how big or small the task, gives you a feeling of achievement and is a provides low self esteem help.
- Wear Your Favorite Outfit Dress in clothes that make you feel good about yourself. Put on your favorite outfit and go out for a walk.
- Be With People Who Make You Feel Good About Yourself and Treat You Well Avoid people who treat you badly.
- Create a Living Space that Reflects and Honors Your Healthy Self Esteem Whether you live in a single room, a small apartment, or a large home, create a space that is comfortable and attractive for you. If you share your living space with others, identify a space that is just for you and decorate it to nourish and support your well-being. Include in your space items that remind you of your achievements and of special times and people in your life.
- Make a Vision Board A picture collage of your dreams and goals. Display it in where you can see it daily as a powerful method to stay focused on your goals.
- Make Your Meals a Special Time Use the good dishes. Light a candle. Create a centerpiece with flowers or an special object. Arrange your food in an attractive manner. Taste the flavor of your foods. If you are eating by yourself or with others focus your attention on what you are grateful for.
- Do Random Acts of Kindness for Others Say kind words to the check-out cashier. Help a friend with an unpleasant chore. Volunteer for a worthy organization.
- Be Loving to Yourself Everyday Start your day acknowledging your gifts, talents, skills and abilities. Before you go to bed each night, make a list of how you treated yourself well during the day. Use our How to Love Yourself Worksheet
You may be using some of these tips right now and there may be others that are new to you. The more you incorporate these self esteem tips into your life, the better you will feel about yourself as you boost your self-esteem and self confidence.
Read our articles for more Self Esteem Tips.
We encourage you to join our community by participating in one of our FREE tele-classes and/or joining our support group
Our Self Esteem Tips article may be reprinted with the following acknowledgment.
©2009 Susyn Reeve & Joan Breiner. All Rights Reserved.
Joan Breiner, M.Ed. & Susyn Reeve, M.Ed are the creators of Self Esteem Experts providing information, exercises, worksheets and meditations to boost self esteem, build self confidence and increase happiness.
Self Esteem Experts
More self esteem tips can be found in our free e book.
Please sign up for our mailing list so you can download our
FREE Self Esteem E book.. It has many ideas and exercises to improve your self esteem.